Admission Screening Exercise 2016/2017 Procedure
ADMISSION SCREENING EXERCISE FOR 2016/2017 ACADEMIC SESSION
This is to bring to the notice of all candidates who applied for admission into the Sokoto State University through UTME and chose the University as their most preferred institution (i.e. first choice), with a score of 180 and above (including SDS students) that the screening exercise for admission into the University for 2016/2017 session has been scheduled as follows:
Date : Monday, 15th to Tuesday 23rd August, 2016.
Time : 9:00am prompt
Venue : University Main Campus, Along Birnin Kebbi Road, Sokoto.
Please follow the registration procedure as outlined below:
- Visit the University website at www.ssu.edu.ng
- Click on ‘2016/2017 Screening Exercise’ link under prospective students
- You will be re-directed to 2016/2017 Screening Page.
- Enter your JAMB Reg. No. as your Username and Password
- After Log-in Click on “Update BioData to Make Payment” link
- Upload your Passport photograph and the required additional information then submit
- Click on 'Proceed to Payment' button on successful update of bio-data confirmation
- You will be redirected to Sokoto State Universtiy page on Remita, fill-in the required fields and click on 'proceed to payment'
- Your Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) will be generated
- Print your RRR generated Invoice and Proceed to any Commercial bank of your choice to make payment OR pay with any of the Remita online payment options
- Come along with the evidence of payment to the screening exercise.
- Accordingly, all candidates are required to visit the University website at www.ssu.edu.ng to apply. The sum of N2, 200.00 (bank charges inclusive) shall be paid for the screening exercise through any commercial bank nationwide, by using the Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR).
CRITERIA: Only candidates who chose the University as their first choice, scored 180 points, and above are eligible for the Screening. Similarly, the candidates must have a minimum of five (5) credits at SSCE (in not more than two seating) including English, Mathematics, and any other three (3) subjects relevant to their course of study. However, candidates awaiting SSCE results are required to present their examination slips.
NOTE: Candidates should report to their prospective faculties for the screening exercise. They are also expected to come to the screening venue with the following:
- Original and photocopy of UTME result slip.
- Original and photocopy of SSCE result (where available)
- Evidence of payment
- One recent passport size photograph
For further inquiries, candidates can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 08035041980, 09030378374, and 08068802293
Amina Yusuf Garba, MON