The Department of Physical Planning & Maintenance comprises the roles and key areas of operation in terms of planning and maintenance of the University.
Maintenance Officer I
The maintenance office I is also another unit under the same maintenance Division of physical planning and Maintenance Department. This unit oversees the following section:
- Air condition & Refrigerator
The Artisans under this office are:
- Plant operator
- Transport unit handles the following and maintenance of the university vehicles.
Maintenance Officer II
The maintenance officer II is a unit under Maintenance Division of physical planning and maintenance department of Sokoto state university. The Maintenance office covers maintenance works at university main campus, school of Developmental studies (SDS) and University Guest Houses in Sokoto metropolis. The sections under this unit are;
- Water Generator/Distribution and plumbing: Under this section, we undertake all maintenance of Bore holes, water supply/and all plumbing works.
- Carpentry and joinery: under this section, we undertake all maintenance of wooden and metal furniture’s, including Doors and Windows.
- Auto mechanic: Under this section, we undertake all maintenance of university vehicles.
The artisans under this unit include;
- Auto Mechanics